We are looking for an Accounting Senior Officer. It is a great opportunity for flexible people with strong analytical and reporting skills who are experts in administrative issues and accomplishments for NPOs, and some experience in innovation in administrative systems, ready to take up a new challenge. We’re looking for a team worker who will deal with elaboration and control, in order to achieve economic accountability and transparency for the organization.
The Accounting Senior Officer work on the following goals:
• Work on accounting for economic and financial information for local groups and Section within agreed timelines and internal policies.
• Ensure effective control, analysis and monitoring of some features within income and expenditure.
• Support programs and activities aimed at reinforcing and improving accounting and reporting practices.
• Provide administrative support to local groups for ensuring accountable economic and financial management.
We are looking for an Accounting Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
• University degree (or equivalent) in Business Economics or Finance, master in corporate finance (or equivalent) is an asset.
• At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in accounting or administrative sector with similar tasks, work experience in no profit organizations is an asset;
• proven experience in conducting accounting reporting and administrative activities;
• experience in developing and delivering accounting and reporting tools or practices.
Technical skills and knowledge
• excellent knowledge of economic and financial analysis and reporting;
• exceptional knowledge of administrative policies and accomplishments for not for profit sector;
• knowledge of main financial and economic information systems (accounting systems, high level use of excel, reporting systems) and procedures;
• fluency in oral and written Italian and English, interest in human rights issues and organizational values.
• Continuous learning: keen to develop and improve self and others to meet organizational goals.
• Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
• Analysis and decision making: ability to diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations. In the Finance Department we provide accountability for approximately €9m of annual funds raised for human rights work across Italy.
Application deadline: 17/09/2017
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Finance Department
Contract: full time, one or two year fixed-term contract (based on work experience), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 27.000
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 5 and 6 October 2017. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
• curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
• cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
• recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Accounting Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 17 Semptember 2017 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download now the job description.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Europa