We are looking for a highly motivated Campaign Manager, who combines excellent communication skills with diplomatic approach to all internal and external contacts. We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for plan and deliver campaigns, conduct desk-based research, and related communication activities with a project-oriented approach to ensure maximum impact on discrimination issues. It is a great opportunity for a flexible and results oriented person who will mainly manage and develop the association’s campaigns to make a change in regards to Human Rights in people’s lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Campaign Manager (Discrimination) ensures the following goals are reached:
● Develop campaign strategies and projects and deliver campaigning activities to achieve impact along Amnesty’s human rights priorities, particularly on issues such as discrimination and racism.
● Develop and manage creative and innovative communication approaches to reach relevant audiences and key influencers (youth).
● Generate creative and motivating campaigning materials on the thematic priorities relevant to this role and ensure an alignment with internal policies, strategic and tactical goals.
● Liaise with civil society organizations, right-holders, institutions, Amnesty International staff and activists and other relevant stakeholders in order to establish and manage effective partnerships and networks for our fights for human rights.
We are looking for a Campaign Manager (Discrimination) with the following characteristics:
● University degree (or equivalent) in Communication or Marketing, Master’s degree or specialisation (or equivalent) in the Human Rights field.
● At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in campaigning or communication sector with similar tasks, preferably in an international not for profit organization;
● proven experience of leading and implementing impactful campaigns at the national level;
● experience with communication and creative agencies for the implementation of campaigns.
Technical skills and knowledge
● Excellent knowledge of project management and communication techniques for campaigns aimed at raising awareness and promoting human rights at the national level to key influencers (youth);
● excellent knowledge of issues relating to discrimination of minorities and racism.
● Identifying and understanding key information about relevant human rights issues for campaigning.
● Creativity: by generating and implementing novel and practical ideas to achieve results.
● Supportiveness: managing and supporting team members in order to achieve common results.
● Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations. In the Campaigning Unit our purpose is to develop human rights campaigns which can bring a positive impact on laws, practices and people’s lives in Italy and beyond.
● Application deadline: 29/04/2018
● Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
● Line Manager: Senior Head of Campaigning unit
● Contract: full time, one or two years fixed-term contract (based on work experience), renewable.
● Gross Annual Salary: from € 30.000 to € 33.000
● Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, bonus and flextime. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in one of the most dynamic sector of our organization.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 10 and 11 May 2018. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
● curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
● cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics (About You section of the vacancy);
● recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name last name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Campaign Manager (Discrimination)”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 29 April 2018 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
>> Download here the job description
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteNon richiesta