WeWorld is a non-profit non-governmental organization for development cooperation, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; we are independent, non-denominational and apolitical. Established in Milan in 1999, WeWorld works in Italy, Asia, Africa and Latin America to defend and promote the woman and child rights.
WeWorld collaborates with a network of other civil-society organizations to give the most vulnerable people a voice on the Italian and international political agenda, and we are involved in the main networks protecting children’s and women’s rights.
WeWorld adopts the approach of human rights as a conceptual and methodological basis for its actions. WeWorld works in seven countries in the development Countries in collaboration with local partners in supporting or implementing projects designed to: protect children, ensure their access to education, to ensure their health and that of their mothers, promote the participation of children, gender equality and women's rights. Education and health are priorities, so the projects are based on a sponsorship program, which is implemented in kindergartens and primary schools for pupils aged 4 to 8.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The development of financial supporter value and experience (post acquisition) across the mass individuals giving programme.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
With a team of specialists, this senior leadership role within fundraising is responsible for the development and implementation of the supporter value strategy to drive sustainable income growth. This includes ownership of the Supporter ‘value driven’ journey and direct responsibility for supporter communication, upgrade and supporter experience programmes to maximise supporter value and engagement and ensuring these programmes are integrated across the fundraising function.
This person will maintain (evolving as appropriate) strategy, business processes, relationships and evaluation tools that support the delivery of exceptional income results against ambitious objectives.
Strategy definition, development & oversight
Oversee the development and delivery of the value strategy to increase the value of financial supporters for WeWorld Onlus using an integrated range of tactics which include: supporter communications engagement; and upgrade programmes delivered through a strong cohesive supporter ‘value’ driven journey.
• Together with the Individual Giving Manager define the value strategy of the new and existing financial supporters
• Manage the development and implementation of the ‘existing’ financial supporter value strategy to increase supporter value and thereby generate income growth
• Take ownership for the development and management of the supporter value driven journey to ensure maximum supporter value and a cohesive hierarchy to enable department wide prioritization and agency wide coordination around financial asks and supporter communication
• Oversee development and delivery of a supporter experience strategy to support value growth
• Ensure strategies for supporter development are integrated across the supporter journey and work closely with the Supporter Growth team to ensure wider integration across channels for the whole supporter journey.
Increasing supporter value
Develop supporter’s financial value (post acquisition) activity ensuring income growth across the mass individuals giving programme through the development and evolution of supporter value products and propositions.
• Management, development and evaluation of existing programmes including appeals; special gifts; upgrades; middle donors;
• Work closely with supporter care to develop an appropriate supporter care strategy to maximise the value supporter care generates
• Oversight for the development, evaluation and management of new programmes to determine the products and offers that will maximise supporter value including the integration of different channels
• Oversight of the middle donor programme ensuring value is maximised from middle donors, that the programme is integrated with lower level upgrade and cross sell activities and the appropriate movement and management of donors between the ‘lower level’ Supporter Value programme
Oversee the delivery of an effective relationship building programme for supporters aligned to the supporter value journey and brand which enhances retention, commitment and understanding.
• Strategic responsibility and management oversight for the supporter communication programmes, to ensure they are integrated, relevant and maximise retention
• Work closely with supporter care to develop an appropriate supporter care strategy to maximize retention and positive supporter experience
• Management oversight for all supporter welcome processes
• Develop and maintain WeWorld’s profile with supporters in a way that enhances their retention and understanding of WeWorld’s work
• Work closely with the Head of Individual Giving to ensure increased use of digital and effective integration between on and off line communications throughout the supporter journey.
Plan, measure Report & Evolve
Responsible for planning, reporting and performance management of the Supporter Value and Experience function to support the achievement of exceptional results.
• Develop and coordinate the production of an annual plan and budget to enable implementation of strategy incorporating work with other teams and departments as appropriate
• Maintain high quality regular reporting on the results of value and experience activity to key internal stakeholders as agree
• Working closely with data and insight, take responsibility for careful analysis of the results of all supporter value activity and testing to inform evolution of the activities and strategy
• Monitor results and income against plan and provide strategic thinking to respond to any changes in performance proactively
Staff & Agency management
Lead, manage and motivate the Supporter Value & Experience team and suppliers to continually seek to improve the supporter experience and maximise supporter value
• Lead the Donor Development team to ensure all staff work together within and beyond the team to maximise supporter value and improve the supporter experience
• Develop work plans with team members
• Proactively ensure all staff are kept fully briefed on key management, communications and campaigning issues
• Select and support the management of suppliers ensuring the most effective and efficient combination of outsourcing to in –house expertise is achieved
EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE
• Senior experience (3-5 years) in management within individuals fundraising in the non-profit sector. This experience will include Regular giving programme (Child Sponsors desiderable)
• Proven high level direct marketing experience with the ability to use financial and performance analysis (including LTV, RFM, ROI & measures of satisfaction) and supporter insights from research to drive a mass supporter development programme and increase returns
• Experience developing and integrating supporter communication, value and experience using a range of communications strategies and tactics including: Phone, Mailing, Digital and events
• Experience of developing and managing a supporter journey to facilitate the effective financial development of supporters. Knowledge of integrating campaigning and fundraising asks and messaging across the online and off-line environment
• Previous working experience in the development sector
• Experience of developing and managing budgets and providing management information including forecasting against plan
• Experience of negotiating contracts and managing relationships with agencies
SKILL & COMPETENCIES
• A graduate or other professional qualification in a relevant discipline including – fundraising; direct/marketing; business management;
• Leadership ability and a positive ambitious attitude to change, challenges and opportunities
• Very good communications skills, both verbal and written
• A creative thinker with capability to convey creative concepts to others and work with staff and suppliers to deliver effective innovation
• Very good analytical skills and the ability to use results analysis to drive future fundraising performance
• A finisher completer who thrives on managing and motivating people (internally and externally) to deliver challenging, ambitious objectives
• Commitment to promote and practice WeWorld’s mission, vision and values
Job: Donor Development Officer
Department/Area: Communication&Fundraising Division/Donor Development Area
Reporting to: Head of Individual Donors
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contract type: Permanent
Apply before: 25 February 2018
Starting Contract: 01 April 2018
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date.
To apply register on:
• Updated curriculum vitae
• Cover Letter, including the expected salary
• Specify three references, indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
Only applications containing the consent to the processing of personal data under D.Lgs.196/2003 will be considered; incomplete applications will not be considered.
WeWorld Onlus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Indeterminato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteNon richiesta