TERMS OF REFERENCE
This advertise includes the terms of reference for a consultant to develop and design educational paths for students and young people in Italy, working with the Italian Section of Amnesty International, as a partner of the international project “Start the Change!”.
Amnesty International is a global human rights movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and in Italy our organization has 70.000 supporters and about 2.000 activists. Collectively, our vision is of a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights instruments.
Our mission is to undertake research, campaigning, human rights education and actions focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of these rights. We are independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion.
The project “Start the Change!” aims as overall objective to contribute to develop European citizens’ awareness and critical understanding of the interdependent world and of their role and responsibility in the sense of the development agenda as it is formulated in the SDGs by fostering quality Global Citizenship Education.
The project has a total duration of 36 months and it will be lead by ProgettoMondo Mlal. It seeks to improve the territorial DE/AR offer linked to the SDGs in 12 European countries through an innovative replicable educational model on global active citizenship of young people to reach the 2010 Agenda for Sustainable Development, with a special emphasis on the relationship between migration and global inequality.
The key goals of the Consultant, during the three years, include:
• design, implement and validate educational paths for students and young people in Italy on global interdependencies, with emphasis on the analysis of the relationship between human migration and SDG in collaboration with the School and Universities Officer;
• strengthen and create new forms of participation by young people in local educational communities – four schools – and in a transnational community for youth activism on the relationship between SDGs and push and pull factors of migration;
• maintain relationships, monitor and report activities on bullying issues of our additional six Human Rights Friendly Schools, working as a facilitator between these schools and our local groups;
Regular consultations shall take place between the Consultant and the “Start the Change!” project team during the course of the contract in order to ensure that the work carried out is in accord with the aims and purposes of the project.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
We are seeking for an Education and School Networking Consultant with a relevant experience in design and implement education programmes for teenagers who are familiar with the Italian scholastic context, ready to take up a new challenge in the human rights education field. The Consultant should have the following characteristics:
• University degree (or equivalent) in Human Sciences field or Education Sciences, master in formal or informal education (or equivalent) is an asset.
• At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in develop and implement training projects with teenagers or youth;
• proven experience in reporting for EU funding programmes or national funders.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Exceptional knowledge of human rights education tools and techniques, together with organizational policies;
• good knowledge of the Italian scholastic system, administrative issues and timeline;
• fluency in oral and written Italian and English (C1 or C2 level), interest in human rights education issues and organizational values.
• Continuous learning: keen to develop and improve self and others to meet organizational goals;
• building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
• project management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities and resources.
This call seeks for competitive tenders. The total fee for the consultancy will be a maximum of € 25,000 per year, including VAT.
The consultant will be coordinate by the role of Head of Human Rights Education Unit, other relevant relationships will be:
• staff members and volunteers of Amnesty International Italy;
• students (from 14 to 19) and high school teacher;
• the partners in the “Start the Change!” project;
• the Amnesty movement in general and those working on human rights education in Amnesty in particular;
In order to apply for this post, please send:
• curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
• cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
Please make sure the two files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Education and School Networking Consultant”. Please also indicate in the email how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 15 November 2017 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within a few days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Italia