Application deadline: 18/10/2020
Workplace: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Finance Unit
Contract: full time
Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 33.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 26 and 27 October. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for an energetic, results-oriented Finance Senior Officer with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are looking for an individual who contributes to meaningfulness and timeliness of financial reporting and information and to a quality-based accounting work. It is a great opportunity for a motivated person who will give her/his contribute to lead on financial sustainability and responsible and transparent management of economic resources for a mission-driven organization.
About the Role
The Finance Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Provides to Head of Finance Department short, medium and long-term financial information through the regular and timely reporting on key financial measures.
- Contributes to analysis, monitoring and reporting work on analytical accounting in order to ensure an effective financial control and financial accountability requirements.
- Supports with accounting work and financial information within agreed timelines and internal policies.
- Supports the Head of Finance Department by reviewing and updating financial elements for a Risk register and by contributing to reserves target levels setting in order to support financial risks monitoring and evaluation for the organization.
We are looking for a Finance Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management. Recognized analytical accounting qualification is an asset (e.g: EBC*L).
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience supporting finance in reporting and analytical accounting;
- demonstrated ability to provide financial and accounting analysis and report;
- demonstrated attention to detail and procedures, and able to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Exceptional knowledge of economic and financial analysis and reporting;
- good knowledge of main financial and economic systems (accounting systems, high level use of Excel, reporting systems) and procedures;
- good knowledge of accounting principles and accounting work together with accomplishments for not for profit sector.
- Continuous Learning: keen to develop and improve self and others to meet organizational goals.
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences.
- Analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Finance Unit we lead on financial sustainability and responsible and transparent management of economic resources for a mission-driven organization, to pursue human rights work across Italy.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Finance Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 18/10/2020 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies; thus, we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist, and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Indeterminato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa