Department: PR & Communications
Reports to: Mission Director & HQ PR/Comms Manager
Job Summary: The Crisis Communications Liaison Officer will elevate the profile of MOAS’ work in Europe and USA by showcasing the organisation's humanitarian programming and response to the deepening crisis in Ukraine. He/she will join our in-country team in Ukraine and provide support in all the comms/pr- related matters, in coordination with HQ in Malta.
- Acting as a key contact/liaison for media outlets and journalists
- Drafting press releases according to the mission guidelines and assisting in disseminating them
- Developing in-house content for MOAS site (blog/stories related to the mission)
- Managing journalists’ visits to the field and follow up
- Writing and placing opinion pieces in key outlets
- Collaborating with staff across MOAS in Malta as well as on-mission
- Helping to develop organisational messaging and strategy
- Generating material for social media channels, working with the existing social media team
- Developing and executing comms strategy for Ukraine in coordination with HQ
- Preparing media quotes for MOAS leadership
- Briefing relevant parties on the MOAS mission and humanitarian situation as required
- Acting as a spokesperson where necessary (e.g. radio and TV interviews)
- Creating and/or commissioning photo/audio/video content following ethical guidelines
- Engaging in outreach and advocacy, raising awareness of humanitarian needs and human rights issues
- Monitoring coverage of MOAS’ work, responding to any disinformation coverage
- Helping identify opportunities for media partnerships, maintaining relationships
- Contributing to in-house communications
- Contribute to expanding and developing press contacts/database
- Contribute to the planning, preparation and organisation of useful reports and updates and respond effectively to major developments in the mission.
- Performing other duties when needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role or as a journalist, or PR expert
- English mother tongue or excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (knowledge of the Ukrainian language is advantageous)
- Degree in politics, international relations, international development or journalism or equivalent experience working in a relevant field.
- Strong communications skills
- Work experience with an NGO focusing on humanitarian aid is an asset
- An in-depth understanding of crisis management in conflict zones
- Ability to analyze information and write clear, concise, and structured summaries
- Excellent ability to thrive in a sometimes stressful, deadline-driven, environment while working with a closely-knit team
- Ability to work effectively in compliance with internal policies and external constraints
- Must be willing to travel to Ukraine and join the mission for a minimum period of 4 months
- A good team player and able to work with people at all levels
- Flexible to changes and shows the ability to adapt to situations as/when they arise
Preference will be given to candidates available for immediate deployment.
Those who are interested in the position should send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa