Application deadline: 28/02/2021
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Coordinator: Senior Head of Human Rights Education Unit
Contract: collaborazione coordinata e continuativa (COCOCO), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: about € 21.600
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of an international network of colleagues and partners with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 10 and 11 March 2021. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Grant Management and Designing Project Officer. It is a great opportunity for flexible people with strong accounting, reporting and designing skills who are experts in administrative issues and accomplishments for European Commission and other funders, ready to take up a new challenge in the human rights education field. We’re looking for a team worker who will deal with control and project design, in order to achieve economic accountability and other grants for the organization.
About the Role
The Grant Management and Designing Project Officer work on the following goals:
- Ensure management of general secretarial duties, accounting and reporting for economic and financial information for the projects “Kid Action” and “Stand Up for Victims’ Rights” within agreed timelines, European Commission guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure accounting and reporting for economic and financial information for our co-founded projects within agreed timelines, public funder guidelines and requirements.
- Develop and design new proposals for Human Rights Education projects in order to ensure new grants from European Commission and national funders, in compliance with organizational strategies and policies.
- Management of general secretarial duties, administrative and logistic issues concerning all co-founded projects.
We are looking for a Grant Management and Designing Project Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Human Sciences field or Business Economics, master in EU funding programmes and instruments (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in reporting or designing for European Commission or other funders projects (Education and Human Rights), work experience in no profit organizations is an asset;
- successfull experience in project design for EU funding programmes and national funders;
- experience in developing and delivering general secretarial duties and administrative issues.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of European Community and national funding programmes, form, guidelines and requirements.
- Exceptional knowledge of human rights education tools and techniques, together with organizational values and policies.
- Knowledge of administrative policies, accomplishments and general projects timeline.
- Result-oriented approach: to achieve performance objectives and realize benefits for the organization by using the more economical way of getting results.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations but we accept restricted grants from public funders for our human rights education activities.
In the Human Rights Education Unit we empower others to develop the skills and attitudes that promote equality, dignity and respect in their community, society and worldwide.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Grant Manager and Designing Project Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 28/02/2021 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies; thus, we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist, and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Download the Job Description
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa