Application deadline: 24/01/2022
Workplace: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Senior Head of Services Unit
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 26.000,00 to € 31.000,00 (based on qualification and work experience).
You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
We are looking for a highly motivated IT and Data Support Officer who contributes to the maintenance, optimization and development of data management processes; provides technical support across internal users in a perspective of continual service improvement. It is a great opportunity for a flexible and results oriented person who will contribute to the development and technological sustainability of the Organization, contributing to an increasingly effective action in the defense of human rights.
About the Role
The IT and Data Support Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- In collaboration with the Data Manager and the Head of Services Unit, provide support to the Fundraising Department and the Business Analyses unit in the definition of dataset and Analysis tools; contribute to build and maintain Analysis reports and tools for other internal Units (i.e. Activism).
- Participate in elaborating and building processes of data integration and automation.
- Support the management and development of our Donor CRM and provide support to the end users in various day-by-day activities, i.e., database segmentation and data extraction
- In collaboration with the Head of Services Unit provide IT technical support and training across internal users and our relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for an IT and Data Support Officer with the following characteristics:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of English language (Lev. C1)
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in a similar role.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Good knowledge of data structures, data management tools and procedures.
- Knowledge of data integrations and automation tool and processes.
- knowledge of data management and data analysis applications (e.g. Python, PowerBI, SAS, R, SPSS, Qlikview, Tableau or similar), knowledge of Relational Databases (standard SQL language, MYSQL, POSTGRESQL or similar) and substantial knowledge of a CRM Software.
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 client and MS Office Suite. A basic knowledge of Windows or Linux server administration would be a plus.
- Analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
- Customer orientation: awareness and willingness to respond to customers in order to respond to and meet their needs, requirements and expectations.
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 10 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Services Unit: we manage and develop integrated organizational tools and processes functional to the other Units: especially in the IT, facility and database management areas.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “IT and Data Support Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 24/01/2022 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies; thus, we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist, and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa