We are looking for a highly motivated Lobbying and Policy Senior Officer, who combines excellent communication skills with diplomatic approach to all internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for an individual who will increase our political impact by managing and growing our national and European network of relationships with institutions, agencies, officials and other relevant stakeholders. It is a great opportunity for a flexible and results oriented person who will mainly manage and develop the association’s lobbying and policy actions to make a change in regards to Human Rights in people’s lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lobbying and Policy Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
• Developing our reach by entertaining relationships and conducting meeting with Government, MPs, MEPs and other national officials on our key campaigns.
• Coordinating materials, briefings and follow up, policies analysis, support and tactics for political pushes through our network of relationships.
• Managing and developing a programme of qualitative and quantitative assessment of the impact of our lobby and policy activities and projects.
• Establishing an effective collaboration with our International Secretariat (IS) and European Institutions Office, as well as with other National Sections in coordination with the IS.
We are looking for a Lobbying and Policy Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
• University degree (or equivalent) in Politics or Policy Studies, Master’s degree or specialisation (or equivalent) in the Human Rights field.
• At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in the lobby and policy sector with similar tasks, • preferably in an international not for profit organization;
proven experience of leading and implementing impactful lobby actions at the national level;
• experience in entertain high level relationships with officials, agencies and institutions.
Technical skills and knowledge
• Exceptional knowledge of successful techniques to lobby politicians and key decision makers.
• Excellent understanding of the European human rights system, Italian parliamentary system and devolved administrations functions.
• Excellent knowledge of main human rights themes; national and international policies, documents and institutions.
• Focusing on outcomes: achieve stretching goals and realise mission benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
• Building and maintaining relationships: develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
• Change Management: ability to lead or respond positively, quickly and flexibly to organisational or external changes.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations, we develop human rights campaigns which can bring a positive impact on laws, practices and people’s lives in Italy and beyond.
Application deadline: 10/06/2018
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Country Director
Contract: full time, two or three years fixed-term contract (based on work experience), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 31.000 to € 34.000
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, bonus and flextime. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in a key role for our organization.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
• curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
• cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics (About You section of the vacancy);
• recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name last name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Lobbying and Policy Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 10 June 2018 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the shortlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 18 and 19 June 2018. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
Download the pdf.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa