Application deadline: 27/10/2019
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Coordinate by: Senior Head of Activism Unit.
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 30.000 to € 33.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 13 and 14 November 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a People Engagement Senior Officer who wants to contribute at strategic and tactical levels in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, leading not only the plans but the culture and processes required. Amnesty Italy’s People Engagement Senior Officer will be responsible for build and grow a highly engaged and empowered activists and supporters base to making our movement sustainable and powerful in creating human rights change. Reporting to the Head of Activism, you will manage activists and supporters engagement processes and tailors that processes to various specific target of people.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The People Engagement Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Manage the analysis, design and execution of innovative people strategies in line with strategic campaigning opportunities and growth targets that have been identified.
- Develop, implement and review engagement paths and its touchpoints for supporters to ensure growth for an engaged and dynamic activist base.
- Manage and develop projects and techniques (e.g. communication cycle, training, etc.) to improve commitment and sense of belonging for activist’s retention.
- Oversee the development and implementation of program and techniques that aims to build a strong activists base as a critical mass for wider mobilization.
We are looking for a People Engagement Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
University degree (or equivalent) in Sociology or Business Administration, business or analytical discipline master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in people engagement or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of community development issues;
- proven experience working with customers or stakeholders and managing engagement processes and its touchpoints;
- comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of community development techniques and tools, with a strong track record delivering successful and impactful national programs.
- Extensive activism experience, especially one that involves digital communications, design of engagement processes, online and offline mobilization, digital and analogic touchpoints.
- Exceptional business acumen together with a deep comprehension of business data and processes.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences.
- Analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Activism Unit we manage strategies, tactics and tools for the recruitment, retention and empowerment of people to develop the community of human rights defenders.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “People Engagement Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 27 October 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa