Application deadline: 27/10/2019
Work place: Milan and Rome, national business trips may be required.
Coordinate by: Head of Activism Unit.
Contract: COCOCO, full time, two years fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 21.000 to € 24.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in one of the most dynamic sector of our organization.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 6 and 7 November 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are embarking on a major change program to achieve new goals and develop our presence and impact in Milan and hinterland. We are looking for a young and dynamic People Raising Project Officer who wants to contribute in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, to help shape an ongoing program of improvement.
Amnesty Italy’s People Raising Project Officer will be responsible for grow a highly motivated people base to making our movement sustainable and powerful in creating human rights change in Milan, hinterland and across Italy.
About the role
The People Raising Project Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Manage and delivery people raising actions and initiatives that aims to grow the number of people who act in Milan and hinterland as a critical mass for wider mobilization.
- Develop event planning, design, production, and evaluation while managing all project delivery elements within time limits to organize memorable events that meet results and quality expectations.
- Prepare promotion materials to submit to local online and offline media, partners and stakeholders.
- Liaise with local civil society organizations, right-holders, institutions, Amnesty International activists and other relevant stakeholders to establish and manage effective partnerships and networks for our fights for human rights.
We are looking for a People Raising Project Officer with the following characteristics:
University degree (or equivalent) in Human Sciences or Communication Sciences, Master in Project Management (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in people raising or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of community development issues;
- proven experience working with activists and in mobilizing people;
- significant network and relations in Milan and hinterland;
- comfort with project management, data, and research to drive efforts.
- Excellent knowledge of theory, models and good practice in key areas: event management, communications, and marketing.
- Track record in delivering successful people raising projects; influencing, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve results.
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s core values and behaviors;
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Continuous Learning: keen to develop and improve self and others to meet organizational goals.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Activism Unit we manage strategies, tactics and tools for the recruitment, retention and empowerment of people to develop the community of human rights defenders.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- one recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “People Raising Project Officer (Milano)”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 27 October 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoAltro
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Italia