The primary purpose of the Private Sector Partnership in UNHCR Italy is to generate income from individual donors, corporate and foundations, in order to sustain UNHCR activities worldwide.
UNHCR sees significant opportunities in managing a dedicated Middle Donor Programme tailored to donors. A successful Middle Donor Programme will not only grow UNHCR’s income, but also it will offer an attractive proposition to prospect donors prepared to increase their giving levels if they are given the chance.
The incumbent will work in connection with the PSP team in Italy and will support the management of a portfolio of around 500 middle donors through dedicated one to one stewardship, coordinating activities also for potential Mid Value Donors, keeping budgets up to date and producing regular reports on spending and return on investment. The incumbent should grow a tailored communication cycle in order to cultivate existing middle donors, upgrade prospect donors and acquire new donors at mid value level.
Under the general supervision of the PSP Associate (Donor Development), and in coordination with the whole PSP team, the incumbent will:
• Assist with the implementation of a tailored middle donor program and define a middle donor strategy
• Follow the development of cultivation and fundraising materials
• Assist in the management of a portfolio of around 400 Mid Value Donors and 1,700 prospects and manage regular communication in cooperation with IG Fundraising Unit and the Major Donor Program.
• Assist in the management of portfolio of 60 High Value Donors with personalized one to one communication and develop strategies to upgrade them
• Assist in the management of budgets and report on spending and return on investment.
• Follow the development of all the creative, production and services related to appeals, stewardship communications, etc. and develop new donor acquisition plans for the mid-level program.
• Schedule and set objectives for individual research, cultivation, solicitation, and contacts with high priority donors and prospects: calls, e-mails and meetings as deemed appropriate for each band of the middle donor program.
• Produce in conjunction with the PSP Associate (Donor Development) the Middle Value Donor budget and provide financial forecasts.
• Contact prospects to determine capability and propensity for joining the middle donors program with an increased level of giving.
• Solicit, negotiate agreement and close gifts with potential donors.
• Participate in annual campaign goals.
• Assist Leadership Giving (LG) team members with identifying new Major donor prospects from this pool.
• Keep up-to-date with giving techniques and strategies to increase or maintain donations from middle donors.
• Prepare and submit regular reports on all contacts with donors, prospects and maintain sufficient records, contact reports and background data to facilitate periodic reports on activities.
• Grow of the middle donor member base.
• Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports on the progress made and different KPIs.
• Supporting other PSP activities if requested.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Completion of secondary education is mandatory.
• University degree is considered an asset.
• Minimum 4 years of fundraising experience including 2 years experience specifically in relationship management handling and/or donor service for high profile donors and/or individuals for fundraising purposes.
• Excellent Italian and English, both written and spoken, are required.
• Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills are essential.
• Problem solving and decision making skills, excellent Relationship Management, Customer Service and Communication Skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced and busy environment.
• Target driven and strong analytical skills.
• Excellent team working skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel essential).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• Ability for creative thinking for rapid solutions.
• Ability to produce high quality outputs with desirable results.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks and vendors in a courteous and service oriented manner in demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines.
• Diligent, self-motivated and creative individual with ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility.
• Availability to travel frequently at short notice across Italy to meet donors
VALUES AND CROSS FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
• Identification with UNHCR values and principles
• Empathy and enthusiasm for the refugee cause
• Innovation and creativity.
• High sense of responsibility, integrity and honesty.
To apply for this position, please download the PersonalHistory Form (PHF) and Supplementary Sheet at: http://italy.unhcr.io/land.php
Then signup/login and complete the online application form
Incomplete or late applications will not be taken intoaccount.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the assessment.
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed through a written test and an oral interview
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Italia