WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement responding to the crisis of European democracy through creative online lobbying campaigns. After launching in 2015 WeMove now has more than 920,000 members and is seeking to support its fast growth by recruiting an Italian Senior Campaigner. This position would be the latest addition to a constantly growing team of seventeen dedicated activists located all over Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Romania and Slovenia).
The role is based in Italy, preferably in Rome or Bologna. However, for the right candidate, we can be flexible on the city.
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf.
As a Senior Campaigner you will:
• Co-create the Italian and European campaigns of WeMove, with the Campaigns Team and Campaign Management Team
• Work with a Campaign Manager to identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
• Research and monitor policy processes both within your national context and on EU level
• Write strong, compelling copy and tailor it to your local context
• Adapt texts in Italian and tailored to Italy’s local context
• Manage the Italian list, including setting up and sending emails using our online campaigning tools (Speakout and CiviCRM), and analysing data and user engagement
• You'll run A/B tests and analyse user behaviour, rapidly adopting learnings and best practices
• Communicate our ideas and campaigns on social media
• Build relations with partners in NGOs and movements in Italy
• Fundraise from individual donors in Italy
• Organise “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
• Have the opportunity to have a part-time assistant to help manage the Italian community
• You are deeply committed to changing the society you live in and empowering the people around you to do the same
• You write great copy and have great writing skills in Italian
• You have several years of experience with non-partisan political campaigning, ideally online and digital campaigning as well
• You are quick to understand new software and online tools
• You are well networked nationally and regionally
• You are ideally familiar with email list management
• You are fluent in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment and can translate from English into Italian
• You are happy with extensive travel in Europe and flexible working hours
• You are comfortable with public speaking, e. g., at local rallies or in front of a camera
• You are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
• Look forward to working in a team where we all strive to learn from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
• You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
The following skills are considered a bonus:
• Online campaigning
• Statistics / Data analytics
• Additional European languages
• Street actions & protests
• Social media use
• Lobbying of decision makers
• Member fundraising
• Major donor fundraising
• Strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Full time position (40hrs/week)
• 6 month probation period, followed by a permanent contract
Salary range: a) a competitive salary as compared to a local wage in the NGO sector and b) a typical German salary for this kind of position adjusted for your local costs of living
• Location: Italy, preferable Rome or Bologna, but can be flexible re the city. Working from a home office or co-working space of your choice
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaign assistants necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English before midnight on 23 November 2017 to email@example.com (max. 10 MB). Please include
• motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide 3 references.
• CV. Including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
• relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and more information can be found here: https://www.wemove.eu/it/senior-campaigner-italy
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 3h task and those who complete that task successfully will be invited to an in person interview in Rome or in Bologna.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Europa