Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Communications Unit we manage a culture of effective and coordinated media and PR work across the movement; we oversee brand, media strategy, delivery and targeting of AI message.
We are looking for a Senior Head of Communications who wants to contribute at strategic and tactical levels in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, leading not only the plans but the teams and processes required. Amnesty Italy’s Senior Head of Communications will be responsible for shaping and communicating Amnesty’s story and core business activities. Reporting to the Director General, you will inform how Amnesty tells that story to the world and tailors that story to various specific audiences (media, opinion leaders, supporters, activists, etc.).
About the role
The Senior Head of Communications ensures the following goals are reached:
- Define and manage a brand and communications strategy that delivers impact and awareness with our audiences, across a multi-channel programme, to support core business goals.
- Undertake crisis media work, analyse risk, drafting media strategies, statements and Q&A ensuring a timely media response to any critical developments.
- Supervision of all multi-channel products and media communications to ensure best practice and mitigate against risk.
- Media monitoring, analysis, reporting and CRM analysis in order to develop an evidence-based approach to maximize impact and awareness.
We are looking for a Senior Head of Communications with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Communication or Marketing, Social Communication master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in communications or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of human rights issues;
- demonstrated ability to make a complex story impactful and accessible together with proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative;
- comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge in promoting a wide range of content on digital and traditional platforms, owned and earned; establishing effective partnerships with media and opinion leaders.
- Exceptional knowledge of content distribution landscape, digital and offline business models, stakeholders and supporters Internet/technology space.
- Deep understanding of national and international political and human rights trends.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
How to apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “SHoC”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 28 July 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 7 and 8 August 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
Application deadline: 28/07/2019
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Director General
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 38.000 to € 41.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in one of the most dynamic sector of our organization.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Tipo di ContrattoTempo Determinato
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, al di fuori dell'Europa