Application deadline: 15/01/2017
Work place: Rome or elsewhere, national business trips may be required.
Coordinate by: Head of Activism Unit.
Contract: contratto di collaborazione coordinata e continuativa, one year, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 18.000 to € 21.600.
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of an national network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in one of the most challenging role for our organization.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 24 and 25 January 2017. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Youth and Camps Project Officer. It is a great opportunity for creative people with strong organizational, creative and project management skills who are experts in youth activism, civil society organizations and are ready to take up a new challenge. We’re looking for a team worker who will organize and deliver our youth actions and camps to maximize impact on human rights and youth issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Youth and Camps Project Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
• Develop, manage, promote and organize our human rights camps in order to ensure participation, empowerment and impact on civil society.
• Organize and deliver youth actions in order to activate young activists.
• Establish and manage partnerships and effective communication with civil society organizations, public entities, Amnesty International staff and activists and other stakeholders in order to maximize impact on youth issues.
We are looking for a Youth and Camps Project Officer with the following characteristics:
• An in-depth knowledge of the techniques, approaches and tools that are used in mobilizations, actions and training for young activists.
• Knowledge of issues relating to project management and logistic issues for complex events at national and international level.
• Degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent specialisation in the field of humanities.
• Experience of managing activism projects aimed at raising and empower young activists and promoting human rights. Experience of deliver project activities and ability to engage and inspire team members.
• At least two years’ experience in national organisations with similar tasks, a good level of responsibility and proven experience of leading and implementing training action at the national level by using innovative and creative approaches to activism.
• Experience of working with colleagues and partners in Italy and abroad; proven experience of working with suppliers in complex events and projects.
• Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
• Creativity: by generating and implementing novel and practical ideas to achieve results.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment with appropriate sensitivity to differences of culture, gender and physical ability; commitment to Amnesty International values.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 active members.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
• curriculum vitae (containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003);
• cover letter containing a description of your skills, the way you would like to approach the role and a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
• letter of recommendation of one or more previous employers.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organizational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Youth and Camps Project Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 15 January 2017 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes. Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Italia