SOS Villaggi dei Bambini is part of the network of SOS Children’s Villages, the world’s largest organization committed to over 70 years so that children and teenagers who cannot benefit from appropriate parental care will grow in a situation of equality with their peers, fully realizing their potential and ability to live an independent life. SOS Children’s Villages works in 138 countries and territories helping 1 million people, among children and vulnerable families. In Italy, the organization promotes the rights of over 39.000 children and young people and takes care of over 700 people, which include children, young people and families who experience serious moments of hardship. It works through 8 SOS Villages and Programs, in Trento, Ostuni (Brindisi), Vicenza, Saronno (Varese), Mantua, Turin, Crotone and Milan.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning CONSULTANT
Availability and type of contract: As soon as possible, 12 months consultancy assignment, renewable
Working Location: Preferably Italy with availability to travel on a regular basis to Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Hungary and Czech Republic
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com reporting “Meal Officer Application” by 31th of January 2023. Please indicate your availability (months and hours per month), and authorize the processing of data, as established by Italian law (Decreto Legislativo n° 196/2003).
The announcement is aimed at candidates of both sexes in accordance with Italian law.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Consultant, on the basis of his specific skills, without any hierarchical or organizational constraints, being able to manage the resources, workplaces and work methodology deemed most appropriate in the context of his own programming, shall provide professional advice in order to:
- Create a customized MEAL plan for each project following the guidelines requested by the donor ensuring a focus on the fidelity and quality of the intervention;
- Follow the collection, analysis and reporting of the data required by the MEAL frameworks of the projects to measure the progress, the impact and quality of the project activities in relation to the indicators and the type of interventions;
- Ensure all field data is collected in a timely and efficient manner, while emphasizing accuracy and quality;
- Maintain regular contact with the project partners to supervise the quality of the data collection and monitoring they carry out, intervening to support them as necessary;
- Supervise and prepare reports, information products (such as dashboards and infographics) and ad-hoc tools useful for project management teams and other functions involved in the organization;
- Conduct qualitative data collection and with program partners and participants;
- Provide specialized consultancy and advice to program teams to ensure proper analysis and reflection of MEAL data in reports;
- Ensure that MEAL systems are well up to date as per guidelines and plans;
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, business administration, statistics, development or other related fields.
- Minimum 3-4 years of active MEAL experience in social development programming and in conducting field-level data collection, data entry and data analysis is required.
At least 3-years of experience working with/for INGOs, is highly preferred.
Settori / AmbitoNon profit e terzo settore / ONG / Onlus
Disponibilità ad effettuare trasferteSì, in Europa